Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Elder Scrolls Online, Xbox 720, and More

30/4/13



   Welcome back friends, gather 'round me now as I spin the tale of the mythical Elder Scrolls Online MMORPG.
   Long, have gamers prayed for such, and lo', beta has begun! The cinematic trailer for the game is positively fabulous, and even if you don't enjoy MMO's in general, it's a must see as the visual artwork is stunning. You can find it right here.
   The game is centred around a set of alliances, at war with each other, taking up arms against the Empire. The first of these is the Daggerfall Covenant, led by High King Emeric. The Daggerfall Covenant is made up of the Bretons, Redguards, and Orcs-an interesting choice. This particular alliance is very varied in skills, but have particular skill in magic and diplomacy.
   Something tells me diplomacy isn't going to be a huge game mechanic. Just a guess.
   The second of these is the Ebonheart Pact, ruled by Jorunn the Skald-King. This alliance consists of the Nord, Dark Elves, and Argonians
   Finally is the Aldmeri Dominion under the control of Queen Ayrenn including the High Elves, Wood Elves, and the Khajit.
   If you played Skyrim, chances are that you are extremely excited for this game. I know that I am. I've already signed up for the beta, and hopefully I'll be getting the email soon!
   On to the Xbox 720. You Playstation fans are excused now, adults are talking.
   Not much is known about it yet, but the date everyone is saying for information is May 29th. What we do know, however, is what I'm reporting.
   First of all, there is a leaked price floating around the internet that puts it around $200.00. Now, let's sit here for a second and think. Bit ambitious? Yes. Yes it is.


   Now, it's entirely possible this is for what they're calling the Xbox Mini-a cheaper and more lightweight version of the full 720 console. The Xbox Mini is most likely what I'll purchase, as I don't have a lot of money to throw at Microsoft, sadly.
   Now for the bad news. We could be looking at the end of used games, ladies and gentleman. It is rumoured that this system is aimed at preventing its' owners from playing used games. I don't know about you, but I buy almost all of my games used. This would be a big blow to my wallet, and I'm hoping that it's just a rumour.
   And even worse, is that it supposedly centres around a constant internet connection.
   No. Bad Microsoft. Go to the timeout corner and think about what you've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment